Users of Chase Pay will soon be able to buy food and drinks at more than 7,500 Starbucks cafés in the US through the coffee chain’s own mobile app or with the Chase Pay app. “[The] Chase Pay mobile app will be accepted at 7,500 Starbucks locations by the end of this year,” JPMorgan Chase’s Gordon Smith revealed at the bank’s 2016 Investor Day. The solution will also be “embedded in the Starbucks mobile app”. Chase Pay, unveiled in October 2015, is a closed-loop barcode based mobile payment system available to holders of 94m credit, debit and prepaid card accounts.
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- European Payments Initiative issues call for technical partners
- Apple Pay goes live in Mexico
This article is more than five years old