The 120 member credit unions behind mobile payment platform CU Wallet can now offer MasterCard’s MasterPass digital wallet service to their customers through their own branded mobile apps. “CU Wallet’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will enable consumers to use MasterPass to simply and safely make purchases in-store, online or in-app with any payment card across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR/barcodes and remote checkout,” MasterCard says.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than four years old