Security specialist WiseKey and MasterCard are working together to enable NFC payments on luxury watches and wearables. “The partnership adds new devices and brands to ongoing MasterCard programs that bring payments to any consumer gadget, accessory or wearable,” MasterCard says. WiseKey is already working with Hublot and Bulgari to add payments to a range of high-end watches.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old