Connected device maker Coin has launched a developer program to accelerate the integration of payments into wearables. “The program will enable access to the MasterCard Digital Enablement Service (MDES) to securely digitize MasterCard payment credentials and further reduce the barrier to entry for device manufacturers,” partner MasterCard says. Coin and MasterCard announced their plans to enable NFC payments on a range of wearable devices in January 2016.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old