PayPal is preparing to introduce NFC support to its Android mobile app at Mobile World Congress next week, according to TechCrunch. “We’ve been spending a lot of time talking about this big period of transformation and how people shop, how people sell and how people interact with their finances,” PayPal’s Jo Lambert told the publication. The news follows PayPal enabling NFC payments for Vodafone Wallet users in Europe.
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
- Google Pay streamlines user interface
- UK pilots new ways to provide access to cash in communities without bank branches
This article is more than four years old