SIMalliance has updated its Open Mobile API (OMAPI) specification, which sets out how mobile applications may access different secure elements on a mobile device and is mandated by EMVCo for mobile contactless payments. “A key update in v3.2 addresses requirements from ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) and GSMA to give the mobile application additional control to properly retrieve information from the secure element (SE),” the trade association says.
- NatWest pilots biometric payments fob
- Juniper forecasts 1,000% increase in use of biometrics to secure mobile payments
- Mastercard reports on wearable payments adoption
- Hang Seng adds mobile cash withdrawals to Hong Kong ATMs
- Juniper forecasts mPOS transaction market