Wearable payments provider FitPay has closed a US$3.1m seed funding round led by Giesecke & Devrient (G&D). “FitPay’s payment platform uses NFC technology combined with card network tokenization to interact with POS terminals at retail locations,” the company says. “FitPay’s Trusted Payment Manager platform allows contactless payment capabilities on a wide range of wearable devices.” FitPay developed a smartstrap to enable NFC payments on Pebble Time smartwatches in November 2015.
- Tappy demo shows how brands can add contactless payments to wearables
- Leaked images show how Apple Pay QR codes may look
- Visa files central bank digital currency ecosystem patent
- PayPal rolls out QR payments to 28 countries around the world
- Ghana switches on national instant QR mobile payments platform
This article is more than four years old