UK consumers can make a £2 donation to Cancer Research UK by tapping their contactless card against small portable readers being launched in London, Glasgow, Liverpool and Leeds as part of today’s World Cancer Day fundraising campaign. The charity trialled contactless donations in shop windows in January 2015 and is currently working with The UK Cards Association to develop the next generation of contactless collection tins.
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
- Canadian retailer vends ready-made meals from contactless kiosks
- Pret A Manger pilots contactless charity donations in UK outlets
- KFC Japan trials contactless lockers for mobile order pickups
- Monoprix pilots automated self-service store
This article is more than four years old