Russian mobile payments startup PayQR has received an investment of 300m rubles (US$3.8m) from businessman Sergey Kozlovsky. “PayQR allows you to pay without a credit card and cash with the help of the so-called QR code,” Vedomosti reports. “In 2016, PayQR will also work via NFC.” The company raised US$1.5m from an unknown investor in 2014.
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
- BIS to build proof of concept platform for cross-border CBDC payments
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
This article is more than four years old