Canadian open NFC mobile wallet provider Ugo has launched a beta version of Ugo Pay, a P2P money transfer feature that has been added to its Ugo Wallet. “Transfers are free and made securely and easily via text message using either a sender’s existing address book or by inputting any Canadian mobile phone number,” Ugo says. The company is also in the process of incorporating host card emulation (HCE) into its service.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday