Canadian open NFC mobile wallet provider Ugo has launched a beta version of Ugo Pay, a P2P money transfer feature that has been added to its Ugo Wallet. “Transfers are free and made securely and easily via text message using either a sender’s existing address book or by inputting any Canadian mobile phone number,” Ugo says. The company is also in the process of incorporating host card emulation (HCE) into its service.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than five years old