Apple Pay saw a “significant acceleration in usage” in the second half of 2015, Apple CEO Tim Cook reported during the company’s first quarter earnings call, with a growth rate 10 times higher than in the first half of the year. Cook also revealed that Apple Pay will soon be accepted at “thousands” of ExxonMobil gas stations across the US via the company’s Speedpass+ app. “There are now over 5m contactless payment ready locations in the countries where Apple Pay is live today,” he added.
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
This article is more than five years old