German retail giant Otto Group has partnered with Powa Technologies to offer its customers mobile payments through PowaTag, a service that lets consumers make purchases by capturing ‘PowaTags’ using their mobile device. The partnership follows Otto Group’s decision to close its Yapital mobile payments service in November 2015.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
- Mastercard pilots cloud POS solution for contactless payments acceptance on NFC smartphones
- Juniper forecasts 2.2bn QR code payment users by 2025
This article is more than four years old