Paymit, the P2P transfer service set up by Switzerland’s SIX, UBS and Zürcher Kantonalbank, has added support from three more banks ahead of its launch as an in-store mobile payment solution in February 2016. Obwalden, St.Gallen and Zug will join the six other financial institutions already supporting the service. Paymit has been downloaded 170,000 times since launching in May 2015.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
- Banks to pilot biometric payment cards in India, Poland, Iraq, Mexico, Lebanon and Egypt
- Seven in ten UK debit card transactions are now contactless
- Survey reveals ‘sharp difference’ between consumer attitudes to CBDCs in emerging and developed markets
This article is more than five years old