Banking association The Clearing House (TCH) has contracted UK payments infrastructure operator VocaLink to develop a national real-time payment service in the US. “VocaLink has commenced work to ensure the system is built rapidly,” the companies say. “Individual financial institutions and their service providers have already commenced efforts to integrate and adopt the new real-time payment system.” TCH and its member banks revealed plans to build a real-time payment system in October 2014.
- Fidesmo opens NFCW Expo showcase
- PBOC to launch third digital yuan trial in Shenzhen
- Global digital wallet spending to top $10tn in 2025
- Nine in ten UK in-store card payments are now contactless
- EU to debut digital euro project this year?
This article is more than five years old