Google Wallet users will soon be able to send money to anyone in their contact list using just a phone number. “When you send money to a phone number, the recipient will get a text message with a secure link,” Google writes in a blogpost. “They can simply enter their debit card to claim the money and it will be available in their bank account within minutes.” Google relaunched and repositioned Google Wallet as a P2P payment solution in September 2015.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot