Samsung Pay has added support for gift cards in the US, letting users store, pay with and share gift cards through the mobile payments service. “Samsung Pay supports 50 popular merchant gift cards including Babies R Us and Toys R Us, Bass Pro Shops, Domino’s, eBay, GameStop, Nike, Regal Entertainment Group and Staples in partnership with Blackhawk Network,” Samsung says. A gift card store inside Samsung Pay enables users to buy cards from supported merchants.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than five years old