QR code-based mobile payments platform Yoyo Wallet has launched in private beta to select customers in the US. “Yoyo’s US expansion comes after a successful $10m A round that has boosted Yoyo to become the fastest growing mobile wallet in the UK, processing up to 65% of checkouts across its participating locations,” the company says. An official launch is expected in early 2016. Yoyo began rolling out its service in May 2014.
- China’s JD.com lets consumers make online payments from digital yuan hard wallets using NFC
- UK sees 40% rise in contactless transaction values in 2021
- Apple to let merchants accept contactless payments on iPhones?
- Russia launches digital ruble pilot with 12 banks
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
This article is more than six years old