ANZ Bank New Zealand customers can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using its goMoney banking app. “Around 90,000 customers will meet the criteria for the ANZ mobile wallet,” ANZ says. “The key benefit of the goMoney wallet is that it is within ANZ’s trusted mobile banking app, removing the need for a separate app or SIM card upgrade.” The bank announced its plan to add HCE in March 2015 and is using Bell ID’s Secure Element in the Cloud software platform to deliver the service.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than five years old