Almost two thirds of Australian consumers (64%) prefer contactless payments to cash and 66% prefer using tap and go to entering their PIN for transactions under $100, research from MasterCard reveals. “Shoppers in West Australia have the highest preference for contactless payments in the country (72%), followed by shoppers in New South Wales (67%), Victoria and Tasmania (66%),” the payment network says.
- Sweden begins central bank digital currency pilot
- Domino’s lets online buyers skip the pickup line
- Shell and Dunkin’ link loyalty programmes to offer customers shared rewards
- M&S rolls out mobile self-checkout across London
- Apple lets retailers accept augmented reality payments