Almost two thirds of Australian consumers (64%) prefer contactless payments to cash and 66% prefer using tap and go to entering their PIN for transactions under $100, research from MasterCard reveals. “Shoppers in West Australia have the highest preference for contactless payments in the country (72%), followed by shoppers in New South Wales (67%), Victoria and Tasmania (66%),” the payment network says.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
- Banks to pilot biometric payment cards in India, Poland, Iraq, Mexico, Lebanon and Egypt
- Seven in ten UK debit card transactions are now contactless
- Survey reveals ‘sharp difference’ between consumer attitudes to CBDCs in emerging and developed markets
This article is more than six years old