Smartwatches will be used to access banking apps 10m times in 2017, rising to more than 100m times by 2020, Juniper Research predicts. “While wearables, including smartwatches and glasses, are not suited for conducting complicated financial instructions, wrist-based wearables will become a key device for multi-factor authentication,” the company says.
- Apple goes live with Tap to Pay on iPhone in Brazil
- National Payments Corporation of India launches NFC-enabled QR codes and contactless voice payments on UPI
- Apple rolls out iOS 17 with support for music, games and contact sharing via NFC
- Translink lets school students use digital IDs to prove their eligibility for concessionary fares
- EMVCo forms electric vehicle open payments task force
This article is more than seven years old