Shoppers in four Taubman shopping centres in the US will soon receive offers on their mobile device via the guest WiFi network and mobile retail solution StepsAway. “Shoppers visiting any StepsAway participating malls simply sign onto the mall’s free WiFi network and then peruse deals via StepsAway’s SAMobile app by product category or store name,” the company says. Taubman began testing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons in January 2015.
- Japanese banks and card issuers join digital currency study group
- Axis Bank lets Indian merchants accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
This article is more than four years old