Apple Pay is facing more delays in China and is not expected to launch there until the end of 2016, TechWeb reports. “South Korea will become the first Asian country to support Apple Pay — the service is expected in the first half of 2016,” the publication says. Reports that Apple Pay had “hit bumps in China” first emerged in February 2015.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than five years old