Drivers may soon be able to use their fingerprint to unlock their vehicle doors, cockpit and mirror adjustments, ignition, entertainment preferences and theft prevention system using biometrics provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensors. The sensors have been included in the company’s new automotive portfolio and will also allow for “personalisation usage targeting door handles, steering wheels and start buttons”.
- ST opens up new markets with affordable NFC transceiver
- Apple details how UWB digital car keys will work in iOS 15
- Coca-Cola gives away mobile wallet credits for ‘free Cokes’ in US restaurants
- UK government to explore biometric contactless corridors for border checks
- Hong Kong to explore potential for digital HK dollar
This article is more than five years old