Drivers may soon be able to use their fingerprint to unlock their vehicle doors, cockpit and mirror adjustments, ignition, entertainment preferences and theft prevention system using biometrics provider Synaptics’ Natural ID fingerprint sensors. The sensors have been included in the company’s new automotive portfolio and will also allow for “personalisation usage targeting door handles, steering wheels and start buttons”.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
This article is more than five years old