UK banks TSB and Tesco Bank are now supporting Apple Pay. TSB has also extended the contactless cashback incentive it launched in September 2015 to the mobile payments service. TSB customers will earn 5% cashback on their first £100 of combined Apple Pay and contactless spending until December 2016. Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland added support for Apple Pay in September 2015 along with M&S Bank. Six banks supported the service when it launched in July. Barclays will also support Apple Pay but is yet to announce a launch date.
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow