UK banks TSB and Tesco Bank are now supporting Apple Pay. TSB has also extended the contactless cashback incentive it launched in September 2015 to the mobile payments service. TSB customers will earn 5% cashback on their first £100 of combined Apple Pay and contactless spending until December 2016. Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland added support for Apple Pay in September 2015 along with M&S Bank. Six banks supported the service when it launched in July. Barclays will also support Apple Pay but is yet to announce a launch date.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than five years old