Indian mobile cab hailing service Ola Cabs has launched Ola Money, which lets customers load funds into a mobile app and use them to pay their fare. “Your Ola Money is automatically deducted when you complete a ride,” the company says. Ola announced plans in August 2015 to apply for a mobile wallet licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts