Wearable payments provider FitPay and connected watch maker Connectedevice have developed a smartstrap for the Pebble Time range of smartwatches that lets wearers make NFC payments. “Pagaré will use NFC technology combined with card network tokenization to interact with POS terminals at retail locations,” Fit Pay says. “Pagaré will leverage Fit Pay’s Trusted Payment Manager (TM) platform, which enables contactless payment capabilities on a wide range of wearable devices.”
- Samsung adds Promoted Cards to Samsung Pay in Australia
- Google to offer bank accounts?
- Nestlé pilots face recognition payments in Barcelona
- Facebook Pay launches on Facebook and Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp to follow
- EU banks plot pan-European rival to Visa and Mastercard