Vodafone customers can now tap their phone against NFC touchpoints in 84 UK stores to access the Vodafone Start mobile hub. “Your phone will whisk you straight to Vodafone Start, where you can check out your monthly usage allowance with the My Vodafone app, take a detailed look at our 4GEntertainment packs, set up your Vodafone Wallet, top-up and even keep tabs on your Vodafone Broadband,” the company says.
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday