US retailers Kohl’s and Walgreens have become the first to integrate their loyalty programs with Apple Pay, allowing Kohl’s Charge Card and Walgreens’ Balance Reward customers to earn and redeem points using their iPhones. Loyalty was introduced into the mobile payment service in iOS 9, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- TreeCard launches wooden contactless debit card
- Estonian fuel station installs self-service payments system that replaces need for physical card readers
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday