‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the 2015 Collins Word of the Year but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘Binge-watch’. “Thanks to a million adverts from TFL telling us we no longer have to top-up and Apple’s iPhone 6 and smartwatch, it’s been the number one word on billboards, bus stops and most importantly, at the Pret-a-Manger till point,” Collins Dictionary explains.
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
- Irish banks plan Yippay mobile payments joint venture to compete with new entrants
- Bahamas links digital currency to bank accounts
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
This article is more than five years old