Poynt, the POS maker founded by former Google Wallet lead Osama Bedier, has raised US$28m in a Series B funding round and announced that it has gained PCI PTS, PCI DSS and EMV certification for its device. Poynt Smart Terminals will run the PoyntOS open platform and include support for third party apps as well as mag stripe, EMV, NFC, QR and Bluetooth beacon transactions.
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
- India to open antitrust investigation into Google Pay?
- Morocco boosts contactless transaction limit by 100%
This article is more than four years old