Microsoft is looking to relaunch Windows Wallet, a mobile payments app that stores credit cards and coupons for in-store and online payments through Windows devices, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore has told The Verge. “Belfiore didn’t say when exactly a new wallet would launch or whether it would utilize NFC or other payment technology,” the publication reports, noting that the service would use the Windows Hello facial recognition platform Microsoft added to new devices in October.
- Japanese airline turns to mobile payments to boost revenues during Covid-19
- Ford lets commercial vehicle drivers process payments from their connected vehicle app
- Central Bank of Iceland rolls out instant payments platform
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
This article is more than five years old