Microsoft is looking to relaunch Windows Wallet, a mobile payments app that stores credit cards and coupons for in-store and online payments through Windows devices, Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore has told The Verge. “Belfiore didn’t say when exactly a new wallet would launch or whether it would utilize NFC or other payment technology,” the publication reports, noting that the service would use the Windows Hello facial recognition platform Microsoft added to new devices in October.
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than six years old