Restaurant payment app provider Velocity Mobile has acquired Tab Payments, a mobile payments app for diners in Canada accepted at more than 100 restaurants in Toronto and Montreal. “The acquisition further expands Velocity’s reach, which now connects premier restaurants with global diners in six major cities in the US, UK and Canada,” Velocity Mobile says. Terms of the transaction have not been disclosed.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot