Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform