Zwipe, maker of a contactless payment card that includes an integrated fingerprint sensor, has raised US$5m in funding from Photon Future. “The Series B investment enables Zwipe to accelerate the commercialisation of its biometric authentication technology to finance further research and development activities,” the company says. The investment brings the total amount raised by Zwipe to $11m.
- Crédit Agricole du Languedoc pilots Dejamobile software POS solution
- Amazon opens its first cashierless store outside US in London
- Cilab adds support for NFC Forum wireless charging testing
- Moscow Metro to pilot face biometrics for transit ticketing payments
- UK to more than double contactless spending limit to £100
This article is more than five years old