US mobile network operator Verizon Wireless has confirmed it will be adding support for Samsung Pay. “Samsung Pay will be supported on compatible Verizon smartphones — Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ — through a future software update,” the carrier said in a tweet. Verizon was a notable absence from the list of companies supporting Samsung Pay when the mobile payment service launched in the US last month.
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking
- Venmo adds branded animated emojis to payment messages
- Central banks set up digital currency group