Commuters using public transport services provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will soon be able to pay for travel using NFC smartphones, third-party or agency-issued transit cards and EMV contactless cards. The company has signed an estimated US$30million five-year contract with smart ticketing and payment solutions provider Vix Technology to implement the new fare payment system which will also support services including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Eurostar to let international train passengers use biometrics to replace physical tickets and passport checks
- MTA resumes Omny contactless ticketing installations
- Octopus lets Hong Kong commuters add their transit card to iPhone and Apple Watch
- Taipei light rail offers 50% discounts to mobile payment users
- Metrolinx to let iPhone users top up Presto transit cards via NFC
This article is more than four years old