Commuters using public transport services provided by Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) will soon be able to pay for travel using NFC smartphones, third-party or agency-issued transit cards and EMV contactless cards. The company has signed an estimated US$30million five-year contract with smart ticketing and payment solutions provider Vix Technology to implement the new fare payment system which will also support services including Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- Eurostar begins biometric ticketing pilot
- Sydney to trial multimodal Mobility-as-a-Service app with subscription options
- More than 700 UK railway stations to get contactless ticketing
- Nine in ten transit agencies plan to introduce new smart ticketing options to aid post-pandemic recovery
- Boise rolls out transit wallet, smartcard and mobile app for fare-capped contactless ticketing
This article is more than six years old