Some 43% of small business owners in the US are familiar with EMV cards, Capital One’s Spark Business Barometer has found, but just a third (34%) of those were accepting EMV cards as of August 2015. 54% of those familiar with EMV are “unaware” that businesses will be liable for fraudulent charges incurred on other payment systems and 6% will increase investment in digital payment solutions such as Apple Pay.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than five years old