PayPal is to introduce its PayPal Here contactless card reader in the US on September 30, following its launch in the UK in August 2015. “The reader works on both iOS and Android platforms and accepts chip card transactions, magnetic stripe and contactless NFC transactions including Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay and any other NFC-enabled device or card,” PayPal writes in a blog post.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than six years old