A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included NXP’s 66V10 controller in the new iPhone 6s models — a different chip to the 65V10 module included in the iPhone 6. NXP declined to comment on the differences between the two parts when asked by NFC World.
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
This article is more than five years old