Apple has reportedly set up a new company called Apple Technology Services (Shanghai) to bring Apple Pay to China. The company “will launch new major commercial activities — Apple payment services, including adding a new mobile payment feature on Apple’s iPhone and other end products,” Yicai reports. Apple told Agence France-Presse this week that CEO Tim Cook hopes to launch Apple Pay in the country “as quickly as possible”.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot