A teardown conducted by iFixit shows that Apple has included an NXP 65V10 NFC controller chip in its new iPad Mini 4 tablet. The same chip was included in the iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Air 2 as well as the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than six years old