UK restaurant chains ASK Italian, Zizzi and Carluccio’s are the latest to sign up to Qkr!, MasterCard’s mobile payment solution that lets customers pay their bill using their mobile device and MasterPass directly from the table. The service will be made available in all three chains from the end of the year. The QR-based payment system was introduced by UK restaurant chain Wagamama in March.
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday