UK restaurant chains ASK Italian, Zizzi and Carluccio’s are the latest to sign up to Qkr!, MasterCard’s mobile payment solution that lets customers pay their bill using their mobile device and MasterPass directly from the table. The service will be made available in all three chains from the end of the year. The QR-based payment system was introduced by UK restaurant chain Wagamama in March.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot