Almost one fifth (18%) of the 720m Visa-branded credit, debit and prepaid cards in the US included an EMV chip and some 295,000 merchant locations were enabled for chip card acceptance as of July 2015, up 19% from 247,000 at the end of June 2015, Visa has told NFC World. Some 36,663 ATMs can now read EMV chip cards.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than six years old