Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) has been awarded a patent for its Secure Cloud mobile payments platform by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, covering the use of secure tokens by the bank’s clients to facilitate payments from mobile devices. RBC introduced the Secure Cloud technology in January 2014 and added host card emulation (HCE) support in December last year.
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
- Stats show regional variations in UK adoption of contactless and mobile payments during pandemic
- UK retailers explore facial analysis technology for customer age verification
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
This article is more than five years old