Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- Samsung partners with American Express and Korea’s KB Kookmin to develop trackable payment cards
- Mercedes goes live with in-vehicle biometric payments in Germany
- European Payments Initiative to launch pan-European digital wallet under Wero brand name
- Alaska Airlines leverages NFC to let passengers create a digital passport they can store on their smartphone
- Hyundai to launch contactless in-vehicle payments