Chinese chain store operator Cyber Group has launched a joint venture with beacon platform provider Sensoro to roll out Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons across Japan and the Greater China region. The companies have already deployed beacons across Tokyo’s top shopping center Marunouchi and will roll out the platform to more than 20 shopping centers and retail stores in the city. They will also install more than 5,000 beacons in 40 shopping districts in Taiwan before the end of October.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- PBOC reports first counterfeit digital currency wallets
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- CTA adds support for Apple Pay Express Transit for tap-and-go fare payments in Chicago
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday