Toys R Us has added a feature in its mobile app that lets shoppers take a photograph of any coupon they see in a newspaper, catalogue or on a receipt to instantly generate a mobile-optimized version that can be stored inside the app. “The retailer is then able to leverage push notifications to remind consumers to use the coupon,” visual search provider Slyce says.
- MTA to expand Omny open loop ticketing to all New York bus services and subway stations
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- GlobalPlatform reports secure element shipment numbers
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay