Ugo, the open NFC mobile wallet developed by Canadian banks President’s Choice Financial and TD Bank Group, has signed up 50,000 users since December. The company is on track to serve 100,000 users with 250,000 cards by year end, CEO Alec Morley told Bloomberg. The service was unveiled in November 2013 and launched to customers of all three major Canadian carriers in November last year.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform
- NAB to integrate receipts into mobile banking app
- Nissan to build RFID payments into all cars sold in Brazil