Ugo, the open NFC mobile wallet developed by Canadian banks President’s Choice Financial and TD Bank Group, has signed up 50,000 users since December. The company is on track to serve 100,000 users with 250,000 cards by year end, CEO Alec Morley told Bloomberg. The service was unveiled in November 2013 and launched to customers of all three major Canadian carriers in November last year.
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
- Juniper forecasts “dramatic growth” in in-vehicle payments for fuel, parking and ecommerce
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
This article is more than five years old