Ugo, the open NFC mobile wallet developed by Canadian banks President’s Choice Financial and TD Bank Group, has signed up 50,000 users since December. The company is on track to serve 100,000 users with 250,000 cards by year end, CEO Alec Morley told Bloomberg. The service was unveiled in November 2013 and launched to customers of all three major Canadian carriers in November last year.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
- DBS Bank lets Singapore customers self-manage card security options in real time
This article is more than six years old