LG Electronics has reportedly partnered with Google to launch Android Pay on its next Google Nexus phone, expected to become available in October. “The Nexus phone is a trial product featuring the latest version of Android OS,” Business Korea reports. Google unveiled the NFC mobile payments platform during its Google I/O 2015 keynote in May.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than six years old