A second version of Google Glass is in the works and will be “released soon”, according to the CEO of Italian eyewear maker Luxottica. “The partnership to build Glass is going ahead, said Massimo Vian, speaking at the company’s general meeting in Milan,” WSJ reports. Google stopped selling the first version of Glass and shut its Explorer program earlier this year.
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
- Six in ten US merchants now accept contactless payments
- Kazakhstan to roll out face recognition transit ticketing in 2021
- Pizza maker teams up with delivery service to let robots make and deliver orders to the door
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than five years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday