One in ten UK consumers using Apple Pay experienced issues when using the contactless payment service during its first week, research from social media company Brandwatch reveals. The findings, based on analysis of more than 26,000 tweets, also reveal the most popular use for the mobile payments service so far is paying on Transport for London’s (TfL) transportation network, followed by making purchases at Pret a Manger, Tesco, Waitrose and Boots.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot