One in ten UK consumers using Apple Pay experienced issues when using the contactless payment service during its first week, research from social media company Brandwatch reveals. The findings, based on analysis of more than 26,000 tweets, also reveal the most popular use for the mobile payments service so far is paying on Transport for London’s (TfL) transportation network, followed by making purchases at Pret a Manger, Tesco, Waitrose and Boots.
- Japanese airline turns to mobile payments to boost revenues during Covid-19
- Ford lets commercial vehicle drivers process payments from their connected vehicle app
- Central Bank of Iceland rolls out instant payments platform
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
This article is more than five years old