One in ten UK consumers using Apple Pay experienced issues when using the contactless payment service during its first week, research from social media company Brandwatch reveals. The findings, based on analysis of more than 26,000 tweets, also reveal the most popular use for the mobile payments service so far is paying on Transport for London’s (TfL) transportation network, followed by making purchases at Pret a Manger, Tesco, Waitrose and Boots.
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
This article is more than six years old