One97 Communications, owner of mobile payment platform Paytm, has asked Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to increase the limit on money that can be kept in a mobile wallet to Rs 25,000 (US$393) from Rs 10,000 (US$157). “One97 Communications, which has investment from the Alibaba group, is also building a mobile marketplace and aims to have half a billion Indians on the Paytm platform before 2020,” Times of India reports.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than five years old